Updated: Jul 31
Happy Independence Day!
We've put together our favorite mid-summer cocktails, perfect with which to celebrate the 4th of July. These delicious drinks are a perfect addition to your backyard BBQs, poolside sipping, or under a firework filled night sky.
Wherever and however you will be celebrating the holiday this year, we hope that you enjoy, and Drink Wise.
1. Spiked Arnold Palmer
- 3oz Citrus Sweet Tea (English Breakfast Tea, Lemon and Lime)
- 1.5 oz Vodka - Fresh lemon wheels and mint for garnish
- Combine Citrus Sweet Tea and Vodka in a glass and stir.
- Fill with ice and garnish with fresh lemon and mint leaves
2. Vodka Berry Smash
- 3oz Strawberry Manhattan (Darjeeling Tea, Strawberry and Hibiscus)
- 1.5 oz Vodka
- Fresh berries and mint
- Seltzer to top
- Muddle berries in a glass. Add Strawberry Manhattan and vodka, and stir. Fill glass with ice (crushed ice is preferable!).
- Top with seltzer, garnish with fresh berries and mint sprigs
3. The Beware
- 3 oz Citrus Sweet Tea (English Breakfast, Lemon, Lime)
- 1 1/2oz Vodka
- Fresh Mint and Cucumber slices
- Fresh Lemon Juice
- Muddle mint and cucumbers in the bottom of a shaker. Add Citrus Sweet Tea and Vodka with ice, and shake.
- Strain into a glass with fresh ice, and garnish with fresh mint, lemon and cucumber.
4. Hibiscus Sangria
- 1, 16oz bottle Strawberry Manhattan (Darjeeling Tea, Strawberry and Hibiscus)
- 1 750ml bottle pinot noir, or light red
- Sliced lemons, berries and mint
- Mix Strawberry Manhattan and wine in a pitcher. Add assorted berries and lemon slices. Let sit in the refrigerator for 1-4 hours.
- When ready to serve, pour sangria into a fresh glass with berries. Add ice if desired.
5. Citrus Tequila Crush
- 4 oz Citrus Sweet Tea (English Breakfast Tea, Lemon and Lime)
- 2 oz Tequila
- .5 oz fresh lemon juice
- Fresh lemon juice, to taste
- Add Citrus Sweet Tea, Tequila and lemon to a shaker with ice. Shake until chilled.
- Pour into a glass with fresh ice (preferably crushed!). Top with a splash of seltzer, and garnish with lemon slices
6. BOOZY TEA!
Easy and ready to go! Perfect day-drinking sipper.
Want an extra kick? Turn your Boozy Teas into cocktails!
Drink Wise & Enjoy!
The Owl's Brew Crew