Updated: Jul 31
It's the most wonderful time of the year: Backyard BBQs, park & poolside picnics, summer Fridays, and warm weather day-drinking!
We've put together some of our favorite drinks to kick off the summer, don't forget the ice.
1. Spiked White Tea Lemonade
Light and refreshing, best enjoyed at a backyard BBQ
- 1 Part Watermelon Margarita (White Tea, Watermelon, Raspberry)
- 1 Part Vodka
- 1 Part (freshly-squeezed if you have) lemonade
- Squeese of fresh lime juice
- Combine Watermelon Margarita, Vodka and Lemonade in a shaker with ice, and shake for 10 seconds, until the shaker is chilled and frosted.
- Strain into a highball glass with fresh ice (crushed ice is preferable)
- Garnish with a lemon or lime wedge
2. Summer Breeze
For those who drink bourbon year-round
- 1 Part Citrus Sweet Tea (English Breakfast Tea, Lemon and Lime)
- 1 Part Bourbon
- Top with Ginger Beer
- Squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- Add Citrus Sweet Tea and Bourbon in a shaker with ice and stir until chilled
- Strain into a glass with fresh ice, and top with ginger beer and squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- Garnish with fresh lemon slices
3. Strawberry- Hibiscus Smash
Juicy & tart with a boozy punch!
- 1 Part Strawberry Manhattan (Darjeeling Tea, Strawberry and Hibiscus)
- 1 Part Gin
- Fresh Strawberries, mint and lemon juice
- Seltzer water (to top)
- Gently muddle fresh strawberry and mint in a glass. Add Strawberry Manhattan and Gin and stir with ice.
- Strain and pour into a glass with fresh ice.
- Top with seltzer water and mint sprig to garnish.
4. Spiked Arnold Palmer
The Golf-Course classic, extra boozy!
- 2 Parts Citrus Sweet Tea (English Breakfast Tea, Lemon and Lim)
- 1 Part Vodka
- Fresh lemon slices & fresh mint
- Combine Citrus Sweet Tea and Vodka in a glass with ice and stir
- Garnish with lemon and fresh mint, and enjoy!
5. BOOZY TEA!
Easy and ready to go! Perfect day-drinking sipper.
Want an extra kick? Turn your Boozy Teas into cocktails!
Drink Wise & Happy Memorial Day,
The Owl's Brew Crew