Updated: Jul 29, 2020
At-home cocktails far too often fall into three main categories: the lackluster 'vodka-soda-splash- cran', confusing craft-cocktails that call for an assortment of random (sometimes expensive!) ingredients, or the dreaded single use store-bought cocktail mixer.
At Owl's Brew, we believe that there should be an easier way to make a variety of cocktails, easily. Each of our tea-based cocktail-mixers are versatile, and can be made into a wide assortment of cocktails and mocktails, depending on your mood, preferences or occasion.
In this 'Mix It Up!', we're shaking our Strawberry Manhattan 6 ways. Cheers!
1. The Strawberry Manhattan
- 3oz Strawberry Manhattan (Darjeeling Tea, Strawberry and Hibiscus)
- 1.5 oz Bourbon - Fresh lime wheels and watermelon for garnish
- Combine Strawberry Manhattan and bourbon in a glass with ice. Stir until cold.
- Strain into a coup glass and garnish with a strawberry or orange slice
2. Vodka Berry- Smash
- 3oz Strawberry Manhattan(Darjeeling Tea, Strawberry and Hibiscus)
- 1.5 oz Vodka
- Fresh berries and mint
- Seltzer to top
- Muddle berries in a glass. Add Strawberry Manhattan and vodka, and stir. Fill glass with ice (crushed ice is preferable!).
- Top with seltzer, garnish with fresh berries and mint sprigs
3. Hibiscus Sangria
- 1, 16oz bottle Strawberry Manhattan (Darjeeling Tea, Strawberry and Hibiscus)
- 1 750ml bottle pinot noir, or light red
- Sliced lemons, berries and mint
- Mix Strawberry Manhattan and wine in a pitcher. Add assorted berries and lemon slices. Let sit in the refrigerator for 1-4 hours.
- When ready to serve, pour sangria into a fresh glass with berries. Add ice if desired.
4. Hibiscus Margarita
- 2oz Strawberry Manhattan (Darjeeling, Hibiscus, Strawberry)
- 1oz Tequila
Squeeze of fresh lime
- Combine Strawberry Manhattan, tequila and lime juice in a shaker with ice, and shake.
-Strain into glass with fresh ice, and garnish with additional lime wheels.
5. Sparkling Berry-Cosmo
- 2oz Strawberry Manhattan (Darjeeling Tea, Strawberry and Hibiscus)
- 2oz Champagne
- 1oz Vodka
- Garnish with strawberry and fresh thyme
- Mix Strawberry Manhattan and Vodka in a glass with ice. Top with champagne, and garnish with berries and thyme sprigs.
6. Darjeeling Peach-Tea (Mocktail)
- 1 Part Strawberry Manhattan (Darjeeling Tea, Strawberry and Hibiscus)
- 1/2 part peach juice, or half of a fresh peach, muddled
-1 part Seltzer water (to top)
- Fresh lemon juice, to taste
- If using fresh peaches- Gently muddle fresh peach in a glass. Add lemon juice and Strawberry Manhattan.
- If using peach juice- combine peach juice, Strawberry Manhattan and lemon juice in a glass and stir.
- Fill glass with ice, and top with seltzer. Stir and garnish with peach slices or lemon wheel.
6. Strawberry Spritz Popsicle
- Equal Parts Strawberry Manhattan (Darjeeling, Hibiscus, Strawberry) and Prosecco
- Fresh strawberries (sliced)
- Popsicle Mold
Divide your Strawberry slices between your molds (2-3 per mold). Then fill halfway with Strawberry Manhattan, and top with Prosecco. Freeze overnight.
Drink Wise & Enjoy!
The Owl's Brew Crew