So, we're kind of obsessed with hibiscus. It's incredibly delicious, it's the most beautiful color, but most importantly it's loaded with health benefits.
Hibiscus tea is rich in antioxidants, is excellent for respiratory health, and is often used as a sleep aid.
This beautiful flower is a natural diuretic, meaning it helps the body shed excess water, and protects against bloating.
We think that everyone should receive the benefits that drinking 100% real ingredients has to offer, so we've come up with several ways for you to sneak Hibiscus into your daily routine!
Whether you’re back in the office or WFH, what better way to add in some vitamin-c, rev up your metabolism and promote healthy blood sugar levels than by enjoying a refreshing glass of hibiscus iced tea! Here are two recipes that we enjoy!
Did you know that drinking Hibiscus can also make your skin even more
Hibiscus is rich in vitamins, particularly vitamins C, A, B1, B2, and iron. In addition, Hibiscus is a source of anthrocyanocides, an antioxidant that protects against environmental damage. Used topically, hibiscus is a natural source of AHA, and can gently exfoliate the skin, while adding moisture and plumpness.
1. Floral Hibiscus (Decaf)
- 2 parts Hibiscus flowers
- 1 part add any floral you want - rose petals, chamomile, jasmine
directions to brew cold tea:
- Start with ambient (room temperature) water
- 2-3 teaspoons or tea bags of tea per 6-8oz water (for larger format, 1oz tea brews to 1 gallon
- this is the main trick - it’s more than you would use with hot brew
- Leave tea in water in a covered container (pitcher, glass, whatever) for 1-2 hours, stirring occasionally
- Remove teabags and/or strain out tea
- Sweeten as desired!
2. Hibiscus, Pomegranate Iced Tea:
Makes 1 pitcher (8 cups)
- 5 tablespoons of dried Hibiscus Flowers
- 5 tablespoons of Assam (or black tea)
- 1/4 cup of Pomegranate Juice
- Raspberries & Strawberries to float
- Optional: Mint to garnish
Follow cold brew tea instructions above
And of course we can't forget about our Hibiscus cocktails!
1. Sparkling Hibiscus Vodka
A light and fresh cocktail.
-3 parts Boozy Tea Pink (Darjeeling, Hibiscus, Strawberry)
-1 part vodka
- Fresh strawberry for garnish
Add all ingredients into a glass, swirl and serve over ice. Garnish with a fresh strawberry.
2. Hibiscus Bourbon Punch
-1 part Strawberry Manhattan (Darjeeling Tea, Strawberry and Hibiscus)
-1 part bourbon
-1/2 part seltzer
-5-8 dashes cranberry bitters
-Orange slices, fresh thyme
-Add Strawberry Manhattan and bourbon into a punch bowl and add dashes of bitters. Float orange slices and thyme in the bowl.
-Pour into glasses with ice 2/3 full, and top with seltzer
-Stir, garnish with additional thyme and orange slices
Enjoy yourself while feeling guilt-free by drinking 100% real 100% of the time!
Drink Wise & Enjoy!
The Owl's Brew Crew