Fall is officially upon us: shorter days, cooler, crisp weather and the (possibly premature) transition to the beloved fall wardrobe. For us, it means swapping rosé and gin for bourbon and (any and all) red wine.
We've put together a list of 7 easy, early Fall cocktails to help transition cocktail hour from the refreshing, fruit-forward Summer cocktails to warming Fall sippers.
These cocktails are best enjoyed outside, soaking in the last few warm days of the Indian Summer (maybe with a sweater draped over your shoulders).
1. American Mule
ingredients: - 2oz bottle Citrus Sweet Tea (organic English Breakfast Tea, lemon and lime)
- 2oz Vodka
- Ginger Beer
- Fresh Lemon Slices
- Add Citrus Sweet Tea and Vodka in a shaker with ice and shake.
- Pour into a fresh glass with ice and top with ginger beer
- Garnish with lemon wedge
2. Heat Wave
- 1 Part Wicked Margarita (organic Green Tea, Lime and Habanero)
- 1 Part Mezcal
- Squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- Add Wicked Margarita and mezcal into a shaker with ice and shake
- Pour into a glass with fresh ice, and garnish with lime peel
3. Greenwich Rye
- 1 part Citrus Sweet Tea (organic English Breakfast, Lemon, Lime)
- 1 part Rye (or bourbon)
- Lemon peel and mint
- Gently muddle lemon peel and mint in a glass
- Add Citrus Sweet Tea, Rye, ice and stir until chilled
- Garnish with additional lemon peel or mint
4. Lemon- Hibiscus Cooler
- 2 part Strawberry Manhattan (organic Darjeeling, Hibiscus, Strawberry)
- 1 part Tequila
- .5 part fresh lemon juice
- Combine Strawberry Manhattan, tequila and lemon juice in a glass with ice, and stir until chilled.
-Strain into glass with fresh ice, and garnish with a lemon wheels.
5. Smokey- Pineapple
- 2 parts Chai Piña Colada (Chai Tea, Coconut and Pineapple)
- 1 part mezcal
- .5 part lime juice
- Garnish with fresh lime wheel
- Combine Chai Piña Colada, mezcal and lime juice in a shaker with ice. Shake until chilled.
- Strain into a glass with fresh ice, and garnish with a lime wheel
6. Spicy Pineapple Margarita
- 2 parts Wicked Margarita (organic Green Tea, lime and habanero)
- 1 part mezcal
- 1/2 part fresh pineapple juice
- Freshly sliced habanero pepper ________________
- Combine Wicked Margarita, mezcal and pineapple in a shaker with ice and shake.
- Strain into a glass with fresh ice, garnish with pepper slices for an extra kick!
7. Sparkling Rosemary Lemonade
- 1, 12oz can Yellow Boozy Tea (English Breakfast Tea, Lemon and Lime)
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary and lemon wheels
- Muddle rosemary in a glass and add a squeeze of fresh lemon. Add ice, and pour in a can of chilled Yellow Boozy Tea.
- Feeling extra boozy? Add 1.5oz gin or vodka
The Owl's Brew Crew