Updated: Jan 20
Thanksgiving is our favorite Thirs-tea Thursday of the year.
In fact, it blows all other 51 Thursdays out of the water. Great food, drinks and time with friends & family, Thanksgiving is the official kick-off to the busy holiday season. Although the large crowds, Macy's Day parade, football games and extended family gatherings are sure to be limited this year, no matter the group, a delicious cocktail is always a good idea.
We have put together a list of our favorite cocktails to help inspire you, and keep you Drinking Wisely this Thanksgiving.
Use Code APPLE10 for 10% off orders $50+, and CRANBERRY20 for 20% off orders $100*
1) If you want your drink to be the show-stopping, centerpiece of cocktail hour OR you want to find an excuse to dust off that antique set of matching glassware your grandma gave you...
Hibiscus Bourbon Punch
1 part Strawberry Manhattan (Darjeeling Tea, Strawberry and Hibiscus)
1 part bourbon
.5 part seltzer
5-8 dashes cranberry bitters
Orange slices, fresh thyme
Add Strawberry Manhattan and bourbon into a punch bowl and add dashes of bitters. Float orange slices and thyme in the bowl.
Pour into glasses with ice 2/3 full, and top with seltzer
Stir, garnish with additional thyme and orange slices
2) If you are looking for something to take the hosting-stress edge off, while putting the turkey in the oven at 10am...
2 parts Citrus Sweet Tea (English Breakfast Tea, Lemon and Lime)
1 part Fresh Orange Juice
3 parts champagne
Pour Citrus Sweet Tea, orange juice and champagne into a glass with ice and swirl. Top with sparkling water (if desired), and garnish with fresh orange slice.
3) If you're feelin' more of a gin vibe, or have extra herbs and aromatics in the fridge...
Rosemary Gin Fizz
2 Parts Citrus Sweet Tea (English Breakfast, Lemon and Lime)
1.5 oz Gin
Fresh lemon and rosemary sprigs
Seltzer (to top)
Gently muddle fresh rosemary and lemon slices in a glass
Add Citrus Sweet Tea and gin into a glass, stir gently
Fill glass with ice, and top with seltzer. Garnish with fresh lemon slices and rosemary sprig.
4) If you need a booze-forward cocktail after spying on the table arrangements before dinner (you put me where??)...
1oz Chai Pina Colada (Chai tea, pineapple and coconut)
1 1/2 oz Bourbon
1 dash Angustura bitters
1 dash absinthe
1 dash Luxardo Maraschino Liqueur
Combine all ingredients in a glass with ice, and stir until cold. strain into a glass with new ice, and garnish with a spear of Luxardo cherries
5) If you are standing by the fire (or fire pit) and need a refreshing autumnal sipper to bring on all the fall feels...
Chai Bourbon Punch
3oz Mulling Spices (Chai Tea, cranberry and apple)
Fresh apple slices
Add Mulling Spices and bourbon to a glass with ice and stir until chilled
Pour into a glass with fresh ice and apple slices. Garnish with a cinnamon stick.
6) If you find yourself post-Turkey Trot or after an unexpectedly competitive family football game...
You can't go wrong with a Boozy Tea!
Drink Warmly & Wisely,
The Owl's Brew Crew