Sangria has a mixed reputation, but we're on a mission to fix that! The summery wine is adored by some, and passed over by others whose previous encounters are limited to sugar-filled, hangover inducing concoctions (nothing good has ever come from peach schnapps!).
We have put together a list of our favorite sangria recipes, each using one of our tea-based cocktail mixers. Each of the mixers are packed with flavor, to easily add layers of delicious complexity to the sangrias. And the best part? Our mixers are low in sugar, and made form 100% real ingredients, for a clean and low calorie option, without sacrificing flavor.
1. Strawberry Darjeeling Sangria
ingredients: - 1, 16oz bottle Strawberry Manhattan (organic Darjeeling Tea, strawberry and hibiscus)
- 1, 750ml bottle Pinot or a light red wine
- 1 large orange, sliced. Plus more for garnish
- Add orange slices, Strawberry Manhattan and wine to a pitcher and stir gently. Place in the refrigerator and let sit for 1-3 hours.
- When ready to serve, pour over ice and garnish with additional orange slices if desired. Enjoy!
2. Summer Citrus Sangria
- 1, 16oz bottle Citrus Sweet Tea (organic English Breakfast Tea, Lemon and Lime)
- 1, 750ml bottle Pinot Grigio
- Apples, oranges and lemons
- Slice orange, apples and lemons and add to a pitcher. Add Citrus Sweet Tea and wine, and put in the refrigerator for 1-3 hours.
- When ready to serve, pour into a glass with ice. Add additional fruit slices if desired.
3. Sparkling Pomegranate Punch
- 1, 16oz bottle Watermelon Margarita (organic White Tea, Watermelon, Raspberry)
- 1, 750ml Prosecco/ Champagne
- Fresh watermelon cubes, raspberries and lemon slices
- Gently muddle raspberries, watermelon cubes and lemon slices in a pitcher.
-Add 1, 16oz bottle of Watermelon Margarita and let sit for 1-3 hours in the fridge.
- When ready to serve, add 1 part Watermelon Margarita mixture, and top with 1 part chilled Prosecco or champagne. Garnish with extra berries.
4. White Tea Rosé
- 1, 16oz bottle Watermelon Margarita (White Tea, Watermelon, Raspberry)
- 1, 750ml bottle dry rose
- Fresh mint and/or basil
- Gently muddle herbs in a pitcher. Add rose and Watermelon Margarita. Put in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- When ready to serve, pour over ice and enjoy!
5. Berry Hibiscus Sangria
- 1, 16oz bottle Strawberry Manhattan (organic Darjeeling Tea, Strawberry and Hibiscus)
- 1 750ml bottle pinot noir, or light red
- Sliced lemons, berries and mint
-Add assorted berries, lemon slices, Strawberry Manhattan and mint into a pitcher. Let sit in the refrigerator for 1-4 hours.
- When ready to serve, pour sangria into a fresh glass with berries. Add ice if desired.
The Owl's Brew Crew